Goodness, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind. Feels like I’ve had absolutely no time to sit down and write…which could explain why its been nearly 2 weeks since my last post–yikes!!!
Welp, in the name of time management (and because, I have nothing else to do while waiting for the hot rollers in my hair to cool) here’s another list…let’s call it a 60 Second Guide to Life…’cause that sounds catchy, haha 🙂
1. You don’t have to reply to every text you get. Honestly, there are some texts that are better left without a response.
2. If you’re trying to break in heels, wear them while playing Just Dance.
3. Choose to focus on the bright side. For real. It makes everything so much better.
4. Being kind doesn’t mean being a doormat. Setting boundaries is a good thing.
5. Nutella isn’t healthy…sorry, hun, but you deserve to know the truth.
6. Learning basic dances (like the waltz) can actually come in handy. At the very least, it saves you from doing the awkward, Napoleon Dynamite and Deb at prom dance.
7. According to dermatologists, you don’t actually need to shower everyday in order for your skin to be healthy.
8. However, if you are an every-day shower kinda person, use lotion after. It keeps your skin from becoming too dry.
9. Once you’ve put on facial moisturizer, wait a few minutes before applying foundation (this helps prevent the foundation from flaking or slipping off).
10. There are different types of laughs. Ex. The giggle, polite chuckle, chortle, snicker, belly laugh…be friends with people who know how to make you belly laugh.
11. Comparison is the thief of joy.
12. In the absence of time, driving with the windows down is a great alternative to using the hair dryer.
13. “Please”, “Thank you”, “I’m sorry”, and “I forgive you” are best said with a sincere tone of voice.
14. Whispering is just as harsh on your vocal chords as yelling is. If you’re really serious about saving your voice, stop talking and use a notebook and pen instead.
15. Genuine confidence is the most attractive quality ever.
16. It’s okay to have a rough day. Jesus is bigger than your mistakes and challenges.
17. There’s a whole world outside of your computer/phone/iPod screen. Don’t miss it.
18. Live in the moment. Sure, have plans and goals, but don’t get so caught up in tomorrow, that you forget to see today.
19. Scare yourself. You’ll be surprised at what lies outside your comfort zone.
20. There is so much more to someone than just a title–“best friend”, “mom”, “employer”, “that one person who drives me totally crazy”…ask Jesus to teach you how to really see people.
21. Sleep is important. Do us all a favor, and try to clock in at least 8 hours each night. We’ll all be better off if you do.
*Note: Obviously this is not a complete guide to life or anything. It’s just tips from one person trying to love Jesus and do life, to another. So…yeah. Just thought I’d clarify.