50 Things That Made Me Smile Today
(Because, hey, the little moments that count)
- Getting a solid 8 hours of sleep.
- Waking up early enough to get a head start on life.
- Actually feeling awake (for the most part) when my alarm went off.
- Catching up on some journaling.
- Working out. #abs
- Making a check list.
- Checking things off of my check list.
- Leaving early enough to have a super relaxed drive to work.
- Not needing to wear a coat today.
- The oldies radio station. #wearethechampions
- The perfect peanut butter to jelly ratio on my sandwich.
- Taking a seriously great double chin selfie.
- Having a chance to just sit and enjoy being with my family.
- Started the laundry process…yay for clean clothes!
- Putting the clean clothes away immediately after drying (yay for not procrastinating!)
- Re-designing my room.
- Watching spray-paint transform old pieces of furniture into lovely treasures.
- My Dad good-naturedly assisting with some of my DIY projects.
- Someone complimented my scarf.
- A friend sent me an encouraging text.
- Getting a compliment from “the boss”.
- Singing in the car.
- Beat boxing in the car.
- Dancing in the car.
- Playing the air guitar in the car. (Don’t worry, the car was parked.)
- Watching old cartoons.
- Hearing that a friend got a promotion.
- Cute animal facts. #ottersholdhands
- Eating a fruit snack.
- Microwaving some surprisingly good mac’n’cheese.
- Paper lanterns.
- Re-reading old journal entries.
- Stumbling upon old letters from friends.
- Realizing how many wonderful people I’ve been blessed with.
- Talking with a costumer about her big plans for Easter.
- Looking at a camp picture taken earlier last summer.
- The kinda annoying costumer that I had to smile at anyway because that’s my job.
- Choosing to eat more fruit today.
- Drinking a yummy juice at breakfast.
- Greek yogurt.
- Getting excited about tomorrow.
- The sunshine.
- Seeing the thermometer read 70 degrees.
- Looking at the plants in the yard.
- Green lights.
- Red lights that didn’t last too long.
- Babysitting an awesome kid.
- Thinking about eating brownies with chocolate frosting.
- Wearing cozy pajama’s and calming down after a busy day.
Goodness. Didn’t realize how good my day really was, until I took the time to write this list…huh. Interesting.
Well, anyway, now it’s YOUR turn! What made you smile today?