22 Things That Will Make You a Happier Person
1. Letting go of people pleasing. You can’t make everyone happy. Why waste time trying?
2. Spending time outside.
3. Giving up your grudges. Who wants those nasty feelings hanging around anyway? You’ve got better things to do!
4. Focusing on solutions, not problems.
5. Taking time to invest in yourself. A car can only run so long without fuel. You can only do/give so much without needing to pour into yourself a little.
6. Knowing your limits and how to say “no”. You can’t solve everyone’s problems.
7. Appreciating people where they’re at.
8. Allowing yourself to be real and open with others, especially the Lord. He already knows what’s going on anyway.Being yourself. It’s probably one of the most freeing feelings in the world!
9. Choosing a positive attitude. At the end of the day, you are in control of your emotions and how you handle them.
10. Serving other people. Life always feels brighter when you take the spotlight off of yourself for a while and focus on someone else.
11. Allowing yourself to make mistakes and learn from them. Failing is inevitable. But you choose whether or not to learn from those failures, pick yourself back up, and start again.
12. Remembering to enjoy the little things in life. Adventures are everywhere! You just have to look for them.
13. Picturing things through someone else’s eyes.
14. Spending time with people who encourage and challenge you to grow. Friends are precious–make sure you choose yours wisely.
15. Eating healthy and exercising. Health greatly influences our mood. Happy body= happier you.
16. Keeping in mind that God knows the bigger picture. No matter what you’re going through, He’s there and He sees the incredible victories that lie ahead.
17.Being yourself. It’s probably one of the most freeing feelings in the world!
18.Pursuing things that you’re passionate about.
19. Listening to others. Like, really listening. Not just to their words, but to their tone and body language. You’ll end up blessing the person talking and learning so much more about them!
20.Laughing at yourself. Serious is good, but so is fun. Learn to enjoy yourself, work-in-progress and all.
21.Trying new things and creating memories.
22. Setting goals, challenging yourself, and celebrating the victories. You’re a pretty amazing person, and God’s got some great stuff in store for you! Celebrate the journey!
“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ~ Abraham Lincoln